Understanding your child from pregnancy to adulthood (The Solihull Approach)
Free online courses, available to anyone living in County Durham.
These online courses will help you understand your child, from pregnancy to age 19 and beyond. They will help you to recognise your own emotions and your child's emotions and see how they can impact on behaviour. Seeing your child's behaviour from their point of view can help you to increase your confidence as a parent. Building a closer relationship with your baby or child can lead to a calmer and happier home life.
There are courses for before your child is born, while they are a baby and throughout their childhood and teen years. Some courses are for families of children with additional needs, as well as courses to help teenagers understand what is going on in their own brain.
- Understanding pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
- Understanding pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby: for women couples
- Understanding the impact of the pandemic on your child
- Understanding the impact of the pandemic on your teenager
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your brain (for teenagers only!)
- Understanding your child with additional needs
- Understanding your child's feelings (a taster course)
- Understanding your child's mental health and wellbeing
- Understanding your child: from toddler to teenager
- Understanding your feelings (for teenagers only!)
- Understanding your own trauma
- Understanding your preterm or sick baby in hospital
- Understanding your preterm or sick baby now you're home
- Understanding your relationships
- Understanding your teenager's brain
Some of the online courses have been professionally translated.