Support for adult social care providers
We work closely with adult social care providers and partner organisations to support providers and help them improve their services.
Who we work with
Our Supporting the Provider Market Team works with:
- local providers delivering adult social care services
- providers or services linked to hospital discharge or admission avoidance
How we can help
We can offer a range of support:
- recruitment and retention: support to help you address any challenges in the recruitment and retention of staff for particular geographic areas or market sectors
- staff training and development: help fill training gaps for your staff and managers to meet our strategic and operational priorities, includes issues such as hospital discharge requirements and enabling people to receive care closer to home
- proactive support: early intervention to resolve service delivery issues and avoid us having to intervene later
- technology and innovation: help to explore innovative options using the latest technology to develop services, create efficiencies and improve service delivery
The support we offer to local adult social care providers is free of charge and there is currently no charge for training courses.
If you would like support in any of these areas please Contact us.
Support for preventing falls
We work with adult social care providers in a number of different areas including falls prevention, which is linked to the countywide falls strategy. There are a number of resources available for service users/residents and their families and for professionals/ providers.
Resources useful for you to share with your service users/residents and their families.
- We provide information for the public about falls on our Prevent slips, trips and falls page.
- Get up and go - a guide to staying steady offers useful advice on maintaining balance, exercises for improving strength plus other hints and tips.
- The Durham Move website emphasises the importance of exercise and supports individuals to think of ways to get moving and be more active
Resources available for professionals and providers.
- The React to falls (in care homes) website provides advice on reducing the risks of falls in your care home.
- The County Durham Care Academy offers falls training to local adult social care providers through the Social Care Information and Learning Service (SCILS) - see our Training and support for adult social care staff page.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence: falls in older people - assessing risk and prevention provides guidelines that cover assessment of fall risk and interventions to prevent falls in people aged 65 and over. It aims to reduce the risk and incidence of falls and the associated distress, pain, injury, loss of confidence, loss of independence and mortality.
- Gov.uk: falls - applying All Our Health
Technology funding for providers
Applications for the Technology Improvement and Innovation Fund have now closed. Please keep checking this webpage for any further opportunities.
In partnership with
- County Durham Care Partnership
- Supporting the provider market