Save money on your energy bills
Free and impartial advice to help you save money on your energy bills and keep your home warm is available from our Managing Money Better Service
We can help you reduce your energy bills by finding a more competitive tariff and switching supplier, as well as offering fuel debt advice.
The average home energy bill is now £1.340 per year and there are many tariffs available from utility companies which can be confusing.
If you own your own home, rent privately, or are a Livin tenant, we may be able to offer you advice on boilers, insulation and other energy saving advice schemes.
What we do
An experienced energy advisor from the Managing Money Better service can visit your home to carry out a free home energy assessment, which will include:
- assessing your fuel bills and help you to switch suppliers if savings can be made
- making sure you understand your heating system and controls
- providing energy efficiency advice and arrange practical support, if needed, such as insulation, draught excluders and bleeding radiators
In addition to advice on your energy bills, they can:
- provide advice on benefit entitlements
- help with money management, including budgeting
- refer you to other relevant services that can help with finances, debt and home improvements if necessary
How to apply
Apply for our Managing Money Better scheme through our Warm Homes Team - please contact us for further details.
- Warm Homes Durham
- 03000 268 000