Welfare Rights training courses
Our training helps you build skills and knowledge in the social security benefits and tax credits system. The goal of our rights-based training is to improve the financial position of residents by giving advisers the tools to support them to maximise their income.
We deliver a variety of benefit training courses through Advice in County Durham (AiCD). AiCD brings together statutory and voluntary services including all the main advice providers in the county. All our training is free to member organisations of Advice in County Durham .
Before you book
Due to Covid-19 we provide online training, using Microsoft Teams. To attend training you will need to:
- use a laptop or desktop computer (not a mobile phone or tablet) with a microphone and video camera/webcam and a broadband internet connection fast enough to videoconference
- use Microsoft Teams, either the desktop application or in a web browser
- accept the invitation to the Teams meeting and join the meeting by the designated start time
- join the meeting with video enabled (your mic should be muted except when speaking)
- have an application capable of displaying PDF files (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Our current online courses include:
- Employment and Support Allowance (half day)
- Personal Independence Payment (half day)
- Pension Credit (half day)
- Universal Credit (two half days)
Book a place
To book a place on any of our courses, request a course brochure or for further details, please contact Sam Scotchbrook at AiCD (email AdviceinCountyDurham@durham.gov.uk) or call 0191 372 6704.