Bowel Care and Management
Delivered in partnership with Nurse training2care this virtual session aims to help learners develop knowledge of bowel care and management.
This course is ideal for anyone who works in Health and Social Care especially who are responsible for the day to day care of individuals who require assistance with bowel management.
The course is a virtual session over 2 hours, at the end of the session you will complete a short assessment to evidence the learning which will take you approximately 1 hour to complete.
What you will learn
By completing this course, you will gain knowledge of bowel care which will develop and improve your skills in a health and social care setting.
You will cover
- Introduction - Anatomy and Physiology.
- Bowel Function and Dysfunction.
- Nutrition and Hydration.
- Rehabilitation Techniques.
- Medication and Treatment.
- Consent and documentation.
- Understand bowel care and the importance of good nutrition and hydration as well as medication that can cause bowel dysfunction and medication used to treat bowel dysfunction.
- Course delivered via virtual session to give you flexibility of study.
There are three sessions to choose from (you only need attend one).
- Dates to be announced
How to book
To book this course, please contact us.
- Care Academy
- 03000 260 222