Building Control Customer Service Standards
This page tells you about our Building Control Customer Service Standards.
Our primary objective is to deliver an efficient and effective service, which will be beneficial to our customers.
We believe that is achieved in the following ways:
- We aim to examine 100% of Full Plans Applications and make contact with the applicant/agent within 15 working days from validation of the application.
- We will guarantee to provide a decision notice (Full Plans submission application) within statutory time limits.
- If we fail to give a decision on your Building Regulation application within 25 working days or up to two calendar months, on your agreement, then we will repay your plan submission fee in full.
Note: This does not apply to Building Regulation re-submissions.
- We will provide an acknowledgement letter and receipt for the full fee paid within five working days of deposit of an application.
- We will carry out next day inspections if your request is made before 3.30pm on the previous day
- We will respond to any letter or written query with a substantive written reply within ten working days from receipt.
- We aim to answer all incoming calls within five rings.
- We will issue a Completion Certificate when your work has met Building Regulation standards.
- We will investigate all reports of dangerous structures within 24 hours.
- We will issue a Demolition Notice within ten working days of receipt of notification of intended demolition.
- Building Control
- 03000 262 832
Our address is:
- Council Offices
- Green Lane
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DL16 6JQ