Developing your career in social work
Durham County Council is the largest local authority in the northeast. We have excellent opportunities for career progression, whether you want to broaden your experience as a social worker, become a practice educator, step into management, or move into a more senior management role.
Ourshows how your social work career can develop from your first Social Work England registration, through to roles which expand your expertise, give you opportunities to model best practice or step into your first management role and beyond.
How we support your professional development
Our offer includes:
- Five days a year to spend undertaking continuing professional development
- A wide range of short learning and development opportunities (both classroom and elearning)
- Access to Community Care Inform, Research in Practice and Coram BAAF for every social worker
- Access to qualifications such as the Practice Educator Award
- Access to funding for specialist training through our Professional Development Fund
- Coaching support
- Aspiring Managers Programme to help you step up to the next level, whether that is practice educator, enhanced practitioner, social work consultant, team manager, or even head of service
- An in-house innovative Leadership Academy Programme alongside the national Pathways leadership development programme
- Durham Resourcing