Durham Cathedral Bus
The Cathedral Bus service links Durham train station and the coach park with the city centre, market place and Durham Cathedral and Castle. Some peak time journeys also travel to Durham University Science Park.
The buses are suitable for wheelchair users and families with children's buggies.
- Tickets cost £1.00 (50p for children 13 years and under) and are valid all day.
- Journeys to or from the university will cost £1.00 (£1.50 return).
- Bus passes are valid for free travel after 9.30am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday.
- Durham Park and Ride or Explorer North East ticket holders can travel for free.
When the Cathedral Bus runs
Durham train station to Cathedral (40) - Monday to Saturday
Calling at Leazes Road underpass and Durham market place.
Freeman's Place to Cathedral (40A) - Monday to Saturday
Calling at Claypath Millennium Place and Market Place.
- It does not run on Sundays, public holidays or on the Saturday of the Durham Miners' Gala in July.
- A Saturday timetable applies on weekdays between Christmas and New Year.
- A special timetable may apply on weekends when there is a festival or other major event taking place.
- Passenger Transport
- 03000 268 667
Our address is:
- Regeneration and Local Services
- Durham County Council
- County Hall
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DH1 5UQ