This page provides information about Care and Support Pathways for adults with disabilities in County Durham, who are eligible for care and support services, no matter how complex their needs may be.
Watch our short video to see how we provide multi-sensory activities and enriching, therapeutic services at sites in Durham, Newton Aycliffe, Peterlee, Spennymoor and Stanley.
How do I access Pathways?
If you think Pathways may be for you, or a member of your family, speak to your care coordinator to find out if your assessed needs meet the criteria for this service. Complete the questions in the 'My needs' feature on our Locate website to find out if you are eligible for care and support arranged by us.
What do we offer?
We offer access to a wide range of therapies and activities including:
- Rebound - use of trampolines to enhance movement patterns, therapeutic positioning, exercise and recreation.
- Hydrotherapy - use of water to relieve discomfort and promote physical wellbeing.
- Posture care - support to protect body shape using equipment and positioning techniques.
- Positional changes - using specialist equipment such as water beds and tilt tables.
- Reiki - therapy that uses simple hands-on, no-touch and visualisation techniques.
- Magic Carpet - a sensory learning tool which projects interactive games and images so you can control and enjoy activities simply by moving on or over the projected image or simply by moving your eyes.
- Visual, auditory and tactile stimulation.
- Specially adapted sports and games.
- Interactive music and drama events.
- Food awareness, touch, taste and cookery sessions.
How could the service help me?
There's no typical day at Pathways - everyone has their own package of therapies and activities. We offer specialist support, for example activities designed by speech and language professionals, occupational therapists or physiotherapists. We also offer a wide range of courses and events.
How much does it cost?
Care and support, unlike health care is not free to everyone. Many people pay for their own care and support. If your needs are eligible for care and support arranged by us, you may wish to apply for help with the cost. This is done by a 'Financial Assessment' which works out how much you can afford towards the cost of your care and support. Find out more on our paying for your care and support page.
- Social Care Direct
- 03000 267 979
- 0191 383 5752