Property owners or occupiers are responsible for protecting their property against floodwater. We can provide sandbags in areas where there are flood or severe weather warnings.
- Request sandbags. We will deal with your request as soon as possible.
- If it is an emergency, please phone us on 03000 26 0000.
Distribution of sandbags
Whilst we try and help with all requests for sandbags, we have to prioritise distribution. We give out sandbags based on:
- the level of flooding threat to properties,
- the needs of the household,
- and the resources we have available at the time.
Make your own sandbags
Make your own sandbags by buying bags and sand from builders' merchants, or use alternatives such as pillowcases or bin bags filled with garden soil.
Disposal of sandbags
Property owners or occupiers are also responsible for the safe disposal of sandbags after flooding. Where possible, used sandbags should be split, with the contents spread over gardens and the bag itself placed in the household rubbish bin. Please do not place the filled sandbag in your bin.
- Customer Services
- 03000 26 0000