Welfare assistance scheme
Our welfare assistance scheme helps you get short term support, or help to live on your own - when you need it.
If you are making a claim for Welfare Assistance, due to the unprecedented volumes being received for this support, our current processing time for Daily Living Expense claims is currently up to 2 working days.
There are two types of help.
Daily living expenses
If your circumstances change unexpectedly and you do have access to any money, you can apply for help with your daily living expenses (for up to seven days). This includes:
- clothing (restrictions apply)
A settlement grant will help you to stay in your home, or move back into housing, after living in supported or unsettled accommodation. For example if you're leaving care or you've been made homeless. This includes help towards:
- beds and/or bedding
- white goods (for example, cooker, fridge, washing machine)
- kitchen equipment
- floor coverings
- storage and / or removal costs
How to apply
- Alternatively, you can contact us by phone Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (we are closed bank holidays and weekends).
What if you don't qualify?
If you don't qualify, we may still be able to guide you to organisations who can help - contact us for more information.
- Welfare assistance scheme
- 03000 267 900