Training and support for children's social care staff
Care Academy courses
We offer a wide range of courses to help you get fully accredited qualifications in many different subjects.
These can be studied flexibly with online and distance learning options available providing you with the flexibility to complete the course in your own time.
Our courses are suitable for everybody and are ideal for keeping you up to date with current working practices, legislation and to reduce any skill gaps.
Get into children's social care
Caring for children and young people
- Level 2 Allergy Awareness for those Working with Children
- Level 2 Award in an Introduction to Neuroscience on Early Years
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
- Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice and Guidance
- Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Domestic Abuse
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health in the Early Years
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding of Personal Care Needs
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Technology Enabled Care
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Supporting the Well-being of Young People
Training for staff working in Durham County Council Commissioned Services
This training is funded directly through the Care Academy and is only available to staff working with our commissioned providers. Please note that bookings need to be made with agreement from your line manager and is subject to the Care Academy's cancellation policy (see Care Academy provider charging policy for training course cancellations or non-attendance for details).