Telecare - sensors to keep you safe and independent at home
If you need additional support in your home, you can apply for Telecare, provided by the Care Connect service.
Telecare can provide you with the use of sensors and other equipment that can recognise when there is a problem or emergency situation in your home.
Telecare can be used to help people who are:
- at risk of falls
- unable to raise an alert for help by themselves
- living with dementia and at risk of leaving their home at inappropriate times
- at risk of night seizures
- at risk of hypothermia
- at risk of fires in the home
Examples of telecare equipment
- fall detector
- bed or chair occupancy sensor
- heat detector
- smoke detector
- epilepsy sensor
- temperature extremes sensor
- door exit sensor
Benefits of telecare
- We operate 24/7, providing monitoring and response, day or night if required.
- We have our own team of mobile Responders who will visit your home to help and support you. They are first aid trained and also use specialist lifting equipment to assist uninjured customers from the floor after a fall.
- Telecare can help people living with dementia and reduce stress for them and their families.
Apply for telecare
You can choose to buy telecare privately from us, either with or without the Care Connect alarm service.
You can refer yourself or a loved one for the Telecare service by calling us on 03000 262 195.
You can also Get your care needs assessed through Social Care Direct.
If the referral is urgent, we operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, meaning you call us on 03000 262 195 and we will deal with your referral immediately.