Care Academy partner training for adult social care staff
The Care Academy works together with local partners and other organisations to offer training to adult social care staff in County Durham.
These courses are suitable for adult social care professionals who want to keep up to date with current working practices, legislation and reduce skills gaps.
- Care of the Catheterised Patient for Health Care Assistants
- Care of the Catheterised Patient for Registered Healthcare Professionals
- Carers Resource on Education in Wound Care (CREW) programme
- Falls Prevention training
- Health Call Digital Care Home training
- Making Every Contact Count (MECC)
- The Management of Oral Health Care and Complying with CQC "Smiling Matters" recommendations
- Mental Capacity Act training
- The Oliver McGowan Training on Learning Disability and Autism
- NHS Medicines Optimisation: Training Non-registered Medicine Workforce
- Positive Approach to Care (PAC)
- Standard principles of Infection Prevention and Control for Care Settings
- Encouraging Vaccination Uptake
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) courses
- Palliative Care Seminars for Care Homes
Intermediate care plus beds training
- Critical Medication
- Medication Accountability
- Medication and Falls
- Parkinson's Disease and Medication
- Self-Administration for Intermediate Care Patients
- Transcribing and Checking Medication on MAR Charts
Provider training: using Capacity Tracker
- Homecare Provider Training using the Capacity Tracker
- Care Home Provider Training using the Capacity Tracker
Barclays digital courses
- Barclays Digital Wings - Adult Social Care Staff
- Barclays Digital Wings - Adult Social Care Staff in an Administration or Managerial Role
- Barclays Digital Wings - Children's Social Care Staff
- Barclays Digital Wings - Children's Social Care Staff in a Managerial or Administration Role
Other learning and resources
Wellbeing for Life: training opportunities - Wellbeing For Life deliver courses that will support individuals and those who work with others, to raise their awareness in subjects that will improve their mental and physical health.
Social Care Information and Learning Services (SCILS) is an online learning resource/community dedicated to the health and social care sector. A wide range of social care materials are available either for online or group learning along with other services that support social care professionals in furthering their knowledge.
Education Information and Learning Services (EILS) provides information and materials relating to the care of children.
Local social care providers are currently able to use SCILS or EILS free of charge, as this access has been funded by the council. Please use the County Durham Care Academy online form to request your SCILS/EILS log in code.
Training - Durham Safeguarding Adults - Employers must ensure that staff, including volunteers, are trained in recognising the signs and symptoms of abuse or neglect, how to respond, and where to go for advice and assistance. Durham Safeguarding Partnership have a range of training and resources available to professionals.
County Durham Training Hub (courses) - County Durham small or medium sized organisation (SME) and voluntary and community sector (VCS) Business Training Hub is committed to building the mental health, wellbeing and community resilience of all SMEs and VCS organisations across County Durham. This training is free for anyone working for a SME and VCS organisation with fewer than 250 staff based in County Durham.
Durham Community Action current Training and Events listing - Durham Community Action run free community development workshops to assist voluntary and community groups to manage their organisations effectively.
Learning from Events - Skills for Care Digital Learning Module - This 35 minute, interactive module is designed to support managers and leaders in all adult care settings carry out learning reviews.
PrescQIPP is a Skills for Care Endorsed Provider - All courses are CPD accredited and several courses carry a NICE endorsement statement.
Recovery College Online - Providing a range of online educational courses and resources to people who might be struggling with mental health issues, families, friends, mental health workers and anyone else who might be interested in learning more about mental health and wellbeing.
Data Security and Protection eLearning - First free elearning resource on data protection for care staff launched. Care providers can now improve and assess their staff's knowledge of data security using this course specifically designed for the care sector in a response to a gap in the market. Better Security, Better Care the national programme supporting adult care providers with data security have developed this course.
National Cyber Security Centre - NCSC.GOV.UK - is the UK's technical authority on cyber security. Being Cyber Aware - It has recently launched the latest phase of the Cyber Aware campaign, aiming to increase cyber resilience UK-wide by promoting the uptake of key protective behaviours around the online festive shopping period. Shoppers lost over £10 million pounds to cyber criminals between November 2022 and January 2023.
North East Business Resilience - are offering free membership to providers. The NEBRC covers all of the North East and Yorkshire and is a not-for-profit organisation which exists to help protect businesses in North East England from cybercrime. The aim of the centre is to help businesses to make informed choices on keeping cyber secure, NEBRC do this through our free Core Membership package. As part of this free Membership, you will receive a monthly e-newsletter with the latest advice and guidance on cyber security matters, as well as a Welcome Pack which contains information on everything you need to know about the NEBRC.
Cyber Resilience : A social care impact on YouTube - A short video from a care provider who were the impact of cyber crime.
- County Durham Care Academy
- 03000 260 222
Our address is:
- Durham County Council
- Green Lane
- County Durham
- United Kingdom
- DL16 6JQ